March 23rd, 2010
I’ve just read a very interesting article: Your Life Should Be On An Accelerated Learning Curve (thank you Diogo). The most interesting part is the bullet list with checks to see if you should leave your job, and I totally relate to this list. So, let me copy that bit: you should quit your job if:
- You are not given both creative and analytical projects.
- Your employer doesn’t allow you to engage in metacognitive projects such as blogging about your industry.
- You have totally mastered all areas of it.
- Your organization doesn’t have remarkable leaders.
- You are a part of a process you have no say in shaping.
- Your employer doesn’t send you to industry conferences.
- You’re not learning new skills/participating in new experiences daily.
- You’re not solving problems that have never been solved.
The question now is: how many checks do you have?