I’m Pedro Santos, a Portuguese software engineer with a strong entrepreneurial spirit, always thinking of new projects to develop and always with several ideas just flowing on my mind. Unfortunately, ever since I finished school I have been programming other people’s ideas, and sometimes, I also have to dot it in a suit.
Would you like to know more?
I’m interested in software development and game development. I’ve done several games and several web applications over the years, and from time to time I still find the time to implement my ideas. I teamed up with my two great friends, Nuno and Tiago, to form Zi Yu Studios, our programming team, soon to be start-up, later to buy Google. One of our most successful projects is Orion’s Belt, a web based game that will soon rule the world. You’ll see.
Meanwhile, we’re creating several projects to build our portfolio and to learn more about e-business. Our projects are listed as thumbnails on the right menu of this page, feel free to pay them a visit (be warned, most of them are in Portuguese).
I’m not from the Spectrum days, I’m more from the Pentium 200 days. My first program was a Quiz game in Pascal, witch I soon ported to C. I did a lot of small word games in Visual Basic also. Then I leaned C++ at school and SDL. I did a C++ Tutorial in Portuguese that had a lot of readers and that helped a lot of people.
I also started to create web pages to display my games. It took a lot of time before I could actually develop decent web applications. Most of my web sites are gone, but Web Archive helped me to remember them:
- pre.no.sapo.pt, Jul 2001 - my first web page, build with Dreamweaver…
- prejogos.no.sapo.pt, Aug 2001- soon after I created a page to display my games and other freeware games
- pdpsantos.sf.net, Out 2002 - My first contact with PHP and what I think it was my first blog
- psantos.net, Jul 2003 - My first domain… and a new website
- Then I started to create content web sites, one for cooking, other for poetry and another for sms
- weblogues.pontonetpt.com, May 2004 - my first real blog
If only I had known Google Adsense by then. All these websites, all this content is lost. Imagine that I had all that content on the same domain since 2001… oh well.
After school I started to work as a software developer, and I’ve already worked on the bank industry, telecoms industry, game industry and for the government.